EMME is looking for a well-rounded mechanical engineer who has experience in R&D and manufacturing, and who is excited to be part of building a company from the early stages. You will be part of a powerful mission delivering innovative and empowering products that reimagine reproductive healthcare for the modern woman.
As a mechanical engineer at EMME, you’ll have the rare opportunity to drive the company’s first flagship product from manufacturing readiness through commercial launch. This role will interface directly with the technical, product, and design teams to bring a groundbreaking product to market and ultimately scale to millions of users.
- Drive new product development from design freeze through high volume production
- Establish and maintain design control and document control process for mechanical products
- Create key procedures for development and ops (eg. manufacturing SOPs, DV test protocols, design requirements document, product drawings and specifications)
- Identify and implement opportunities for lean manufacturing
- Own supplier and contract manufacturer relationships and serve as primary interface for builds to deliver high-quality products
- Manage and execute product reliability tests and maintain efficient resolution to any critical mechanical performance challenges
- Drive next gen product development beginning from concept stages
- Create and nurture a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and ongoing individual, team, and company growth.
- Positively contribute to company culture by bringing a dynamic, adaptive, energetic personality, and be ready to change the world in a high paced startup environment.
- Passionate about creating a better future for women’s health with a deep care for customers and a commitment to having a strong, positive impact on their lives.
- BS In Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5+ years experience in product design and development (medical device and hardware experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage designs from concept through manufacturing
- Proficiency with CAD (Solidworks preferred), mechanical drafting standards
- Experience with design verification testing, process validation, and failure investigations
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets-it-done.
- Quick learner who works well independently but also seeks a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to seek and give well-intentioned real-time feedback with a constructive mindset in order for us all to improve.
EMME is a digital-health startup with a mission to put women’s health in women’s hands. A lifestyle brand powered by technology and healthcare, EMME is the trusted partner closing the loop on women’s health by delivering seamless experiences that are in sync with each woman’s individual needs. EMME has an initial focus on delivering a re-imagined pill experience for the modern woman.
EMME is being built by a strong team of innovators, physicians, engineers, and passionate feminists who believe in a better future for women’s health. We are fierce advocates for all women, all bodies, all choices, all journeys.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background is critical for creating a positive environment for all employees and leads to stronger outcomes and better products for our customers.