Full Stack App Developer (Contractor) at EMME
Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA or Remote
Emme is looking for a highly motivated, growth-minded full stack app developer to help us in our mission of putting women’s health in women’s hands. We value your experience developing reliable cross-platform apps and we’re excited to partner in the early stages of the company as we imagine and build the next wave of women’s healthcare products. We are looking for a contractor who can work with us leading up to our product launch and potentially transition into a full time role.
We are a group of ambitious engineers, passionate feminists and fierce advocates, working together to make healthcare what it should be for millions of women—seamless, connected and decided by her. At Emme, we combine our strengths to create physical, digital and direct-to-consumer experiences that close the loop on women’s health.
At Emme we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background is critical for creating a positive environment for all employees and leads to stronger outcomes and better products for our customers.
- End to end development of our app, backend services, and integration with partners.
- Collaborate with designers to create a beautiful, functional, and fun app experience.
- Work with our external SaaS partners to create seamless, integrated, and reliable solutions that work well for our customers and are easy to maintain.
- Help to build out and integrate customer support solutions into our app and backend so that we can provide high quality support.
- Maintain a core focus on privacy for our customers.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team and create well documented solutions.
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies.
- Create and nurture a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and ongoing individual, team, and company growth.
- Positively contribute to company culture by bringing a dynamic, adaptive, energetic personality, and be ready to change the world in a high paced startup environment.
- Passionate about creating a better future for women’s health with a deep care for customers and a commitment to having a strong, positive impact on their lives.
- 5+ years of front and/or backend development experience.
- B. Sc. in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with building cross-platform apps using React Native and Redux.
- Experience with backend services such as Google Firebase, Cloud Functions, and node.js.
- Experience with BLE and connected hardware (nice to have).
- Experience with Android and iOS and with the particularities of developing for both.
- Experience with privacy focused apps and services.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets-it-done.
- Quick learner who works well independently but also seeks a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to seek and give well-intentioned, real-time feedback with a constructive mindset in order for us all to improve.