Full Stack App Developer at EMME
Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA or Remote
EMME is looking for a well-rounded full stack app developer who excels at developing reliable cross platform apps, and who is excited to be part of building a company from the early stages. You will be part of a powerful mission delivering innovative and empowering products that reimagine reproductive healthcare for the modern woman.
As one of the early software developers on the team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape our company’s development practices. This senior position will interface directly with other teams in the company and there will be a high degree of both freedom and responsibility as we all work together to create amazing health care solutions.
- End to end development of our app, backend services, and integration with partners.
- Collaborate with designers to create a beautiful, functional, and fun app experience.
- Work with our external SaaS partners to create seamless, integrated, and reliable solutions that work well for our customers and are easy to maintain.
- Help to build out and integrate customer support solutions into our app and backend so that we can provide high quality support.
- Maintain a core focus on privacy for our customers.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team and create well documented solutions.
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies.
- Create and nurture a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and ongoing individual, team, and company growth.
- Positively contribute to company culture by bringing a dynamic, adaptive, energetic personality, and be ready to change the world in a high paced startup environment.
- Passionate about creating a better future for women’s health with a deep care for customers and a commitment to having a strong, positive impact on their lives.
- 5+ years of front and/or backend development experience.
- B. Sc. in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with building cross-platform apps using React Native and Redux.
- Experience with backend services such as Google Firebase, Cloud Functions, and node.js.
- Experience with BLE and connected hardware (nice to have).
- Experience with Android and iOS and with the particularities of developing for both.
- Experience with privacy focused apps and services.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Embraces ambiguity, prioritizes efficiently, communicates early, and ultimately gets-it-done.
- Quick learner who works well independently but also seeks a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to seek and give well-intentioned real-time feedback with a constructive mindset in order for us all to improve.
EMME is a digital-health startup with a mission to put women’s health in women’s hands. A lifestyle brand powered by technology and healthcare, EMME is the trusted partner closing the loop on women’s health by delivering seamless experiences that are in sync with each woman’s individual needs. EMME has an initial focus on delivering a re-imagined pill experience for the modern woman.
EMME is being built by a strong team of innovators, physicians, engineers, and passionate feminists who believe in a better future for women’s health. We are fierce advocates for all women, all bodies, all choices, all journeys.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background is critical for creating a positive environment for all employees and leads to stronger outcomes and better products for our customers.